Book Making, General, Printing

Bringing it all together – 7th January 2020

The prints that I began back in November, see ‘Picking up the Threads’ November 25th were dry enough to begin folding and making into books.

As the plates were somewhat complicated with  one having open spaces flowing out of the 6cm body of the plate and the other having punched holes off  the top and bottom of the plate (to suggest the design continuing beyond the design), I had decided upon variations of concertina folds.

Over the years I have worked out many different book formats, this is my drawer full of various constructions – these are frequently the starting points for a new book.

I have made the covers for an edition of 3

And this just goes to show that when you are told to ‘test first’ then it is a good idea!! I had been considering sealing the book covers with Acrylic Wax but it didn’t like the printing ink from my pad.